Wednesday, October 26, 2011

halloween menu board & bleach spider web t-shirts

Remember my faux chalkboard labels tutorial? I just had to use my Chalk Ink markers again, so I created this menu sign for our upcoming Halloween dinner. (And I think I'll use again at Christmas!) I took this $.88 tray from Goodwill and transformed it into a chic dry-erase menu board. Check out the full tutorial on our guest post over at Modern Mom today!


Before:
After:

I had one more quick and easy Halloween decor project for you, but it was a total bust. Have you ever heard of bleach-proof black fabric? I haven't either, but apparently it exists and that's what I bought. I usually end up accidentally bleaching everything I don't want to. I went to bleach a spooky spider web on my black table runner and guess what? Not even the slightest fade. Bleach proof, I tell ya. I didn't know it was possible.

Soooo, I'm going to show you what I was going to do via my friend Shelley, who recently used the same technique on a black t-shirt (which apparently wasn't bleach-proof, lucky girl). They turned out great! These Halloween themed t-shirts are awesome for last-minute holiday festivities. Check out her full tutorial here. The only thing I was going to do differently was use a Chlorox bleach pen. Thanks for sharing, Shelley! Oh yeah, you may remember Shelley for her gorgeous fabric flower wreath tutorial or Luscious Apple Rolls recipe she shared with us in the past. Isn't she a crafty girl?


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
4 Comments

4 Responses to “halloween menu board & bleach spider web t-shirts”

tina said...

LOVE the tray transformation. Going to keep my eyes out for something like that !

Seeshellspace said...

Thanks for sharing my project! It was so fun, I've been scouring the thrift stores for more shirts. Score! I got 3 for $2.97! Can't beat that!

Lauren said...

These look awesome! I love the shirts too!

I'd love for you to share at my weekly link party:
http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinteresting-linky-party-week-ten.html

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh!! I love that tray idea! It's perfect for any occasion! What a great handmade menu. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs